Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Getting Settled In...

I'm finally getting settled into my new apartment. It's not as nice as my place back out west, but I guess it'll do…I don't really have much choice. I had to meet with an "immigrations" officer before they would let me officially move in. My apartment is in the nice part of town, and was definitely out of my price range. The lady I spoke too seemed very interested whenever she read my occupation as "psychic," so I think she thought I was interesting enough to cut me deal. Whatever works I suppose.

I've gotten set up with a place for work too. It's not as close to my apartment as I'd like, but I've just been so lucky in getting my arrangements set up out here that I'm not going to complain. The shop is a tiny little place, just one small 20x20 square room, but it's all mine. I'm hoping to get the rest of my equipment soon too. I spent pretty much the very last pennies of my savings on a few decorations for the place, to create a little more "atmosphere." Or something. And a new pack of Tarot cards as well, maybe those will help me feel more professional than I do now.

First official day of business tomorrow, assuming I get any customers. I've got to find some sort of way to advertise this place. There was an old woman who ran a psychic readings room from this building until she passed away, and I lucked into the right moment to take over from her. Fingers crossed one of her old regulars happens to stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment