Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Best News I've Had All Week!

Another slow day at work. I reeeeeaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyy (seriously! emphasize this) need business to pick up or else I'm going to be run out of town because I'll be out of money. I've had a few customers this week, but not enough to keep going at this speed.

BUT! I have good news (sort of? I think it's good anyway)

So, on my way home from work I'm waiting for the subway to get back to my apartment. There's this girl standing beside me talking on her phone. Now, I'm not really trying to eavesdrop, but I was super bored and there wasn't much else going on…so I just happened to overhear. Anyway, she mentions to this person on the phone about how she works for the Times. Instantly I'm thinking, "Great! Maybe she can tell me how to advertise with them!" because I really have no clue how to get in touch with those people.

She hangs up the phone and I decide to be brave and say hi. I told her I heard about where she works, and would it be possible to get in touch with someone who does advertisements? She turned out to be sooooo nice, it's crazy. Her name is Charlotte, and not only did she help me out, she gave me her number so we could talk later. We talked for a few minutes on the platform until my train came. She said she was working on this huge case, and she wants to tell me about it!

I'm so excited. I'm just hoping that she's not too "investigative"… I don't want her to find out about why I'm here before I'm sure she has zero connections to back home. Better safe than sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment