Thursday, March 20, 2014

Still Settling...

So, I'll consider my first day at work here in the city a success, I suppose. I had three customers all day, all searching for the woman who used to run the shop of course, but they seemed to enjoy what I had to say. The shop is still a little barren at the moment, still waiting on my delivery, but I really am excited to settle in and finally make it my own.

I finally got a chance to do some exploring around the city after work. It's so foreign to me to see the guards patrolling the borders of the different areas of the city…I think they're called sectors? It's a totally different way of life than back home. The tall buildings and endless stream of people seemed interesting at  first, but now I'm really missing my red deserts and open skies. Plus the weather here is terrible. How do people deal with all this rain???

Hoping to meet some new people soon. Even just a few days of being totally alone is too much for me. Must find friends soon or I'll be forced to adopt the 300000 strays that roam around outside my apartment building. Maybe I'll head out tomorrow and try to find a bar or a club or something…anything with other people and I'll be satisfied.

Better head to bed now though, I have an early morning tomorrow. I'm gonna head around to some places around the shop and try to put up some flyers. I need some more business ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment